Senior Design Engineer
2Connect is a young and dynamic international company with offices in the Netherlands, Romania, Slovakia and China. 2Connect is involved in the sales, development and production of customer specific cables and interconnection solutions for electronic applications. Depending on the application and the specific requirements and wishes of customers, the required interconnect solutions are developed and produced accordingly.
The company shows strong growth figures. In line with this growth there is an increasing demand for "custom-made" connection systems and electronic packaging’s. In order to respond within a short time frame to the (OEM) customer requests we have, within the TechCenter (Development & Engineering) of 2Connect in Waalwijk, an immediate need for an, Senior Design Engineer.
Within a team of engineers and in close cooperation with the sales department and manufacturing, the design engineer translates the customers wishes into manufacturable designs. The engineer will be responsible to provide complete set of product drawings and will give directions and guidance how the manufacturing needed tools and related test equipment should be made. Test setup and product validation of designs will be initiated by the engineer and reported accordingly. Beside that, the documentation control and recording within engineering project design files is part of the assignment. Solid works is the standard mechanical design software for both 2 and 3d design. We expect to extend our capabilities with services related to electrical engineering and the electronic packaging of equipment. Some related knowledge is appreciated.
Profile of the design engineer:
- Mechanical or mechatronics background. (exp BS or MS level);
- Strong affinity for design of products;
- Good knowledge of metals and plastic materials;
- Experience with plastic molding , stamping and assembly techniques is highly appreciated;
- Some knowledge with simulation. FEA techniques;
- Experience in Design within 2 and 3D environment. (Preferably Solid works);
- Good understanding of basics of electronics;
- Some experience in project management is a plus.
- The ability to convert Innovative ideas and conceptual designs into manufacturable, cost competitive, products;
- Strong affinity for design of technical products for OEM customers;
- Customer oriented approach;
- Drive, Energetic attitude, committed to the assignment;
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of English in word and writing.
What has 2Connect to offer:
- Dynamic organization with a team young and motivated people.
- International work environment.
- Own Toolshop for manufacturing of molds, tools and needed assy equipment.
- Good personal development opportunities.
- Good employment Conditions.
- Very nice work environment. (New buildings)
If you are interested in the above function then please send your application with CV to:
Dhr. A. van Zanten
5145 RM Waalwijk
For more information you can contact us per phone +31(0)416-671780